It doesn’t seem three years ago, does it? 14th October 2012 was the momentous date on which Scott and I bought Wellingborough Day Nursery and it’s been quite a ride! It was known as The Toy Box back then and we loved the fact that the staff and parents were very loyal to their nursery. That hasn’t changed… but plenty of other things have. It’s taken a lot of work from the whole team, but here are some of the changes:
- Outstanding Ofsted achieved within six months.
- Out with the TV and in with a high-quality curriculum.
- Healthy, freshly-cooked menus have replaced sugary snacks.
- Recruitment of new, highly-trained manger, deputy manager and senior staff.
- Intensive training, monitoring and development programmes for all staff.
- Large investment in toys and equipment.
In fact, thinking about this now, there isn’t very much left of the nursery that we bought those three short years ago and that is entirely down to the staff who’ve stayed/joined us on this incredible adventure. Thank you – you are the ones who’ve made this happen and we are so unbelievably proud to have you as part of the team. Happy Birthday to us!