We are asked a lot about whether we offer free childcare for 2 year olds. The answer is yes, IF your family is eligible.
All eligible 2 year olds in Northamptonshire are able to claim up to 570 hours a year free of
You need to be receiving at least one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year
- Child Tax Credit Only (income under £16,190, assessed by HMRC)
- National Asylum Support Service
- Guaranteed Element of the State Pension
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- Disability Living Allowance
- Your child has a current statement of SEN
- Your child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
There is an Eligibility Checker on the Northamptonshire council website:
Booking your 2 year funded place
When you check your eligibility on the council website, you will be given a code. You need to
give us this code when you return your registration forms to us, so that we can make the
We will then give you a special Parental Contract and ask for proof of your child’s date of
birth, address and the benefit under which you are claiming.
Because we are open all year round, we offer 11 hours a week under this scheme. This
means one full day or two half days, with an extra half hour to put towards a paid session(s) if